To Do List
It's Sunday night and I'm still working on the To Do List that I created on Friday. I doubt it'll be done by tomorrow. I'm gettting sick and I'm low on energy. I'd rather just sleep. Here's my list, in case you are curious:
Class Participation incentive: give students a piece of paper to write their name on when they participate in class. The paper goes into a fish bowl and is counted at the end of the day to go toward an immediate reward and class participation points. (Buy a fishbowl and cut paper).
Suggestion Box (buy a box and get a pad of paper for suggestions).
Create a Standards-Based Bulletin Board for the Where I'm From Poem (include standards, task, rubric and student sample with teacher commentary). Label everything.
Buy sheet covers and glue.
Grade the Where I'm From poems (all 90 of them).
Buy posters for the classroom.
Buy fake plants for the classroom (the real ones die because the air conditioning is turned off over the weekend).
Input assignments and grades online.
Get copies of class worksheets and rubrics (at Staples).
Write, translate and mail parent letters to introduce myself and invite them to open house on Wednesday. (Fat chance this will happen).
Buy sugar-free Red Bull and disinfecting wipes at Costco.
Sign-up for BTSA training (new teacher professional development courses).
Print and copy behavior modification contracts, parent conference forms and hall passes.
Call parents of student who like to disrupt my class.
Get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow to transport purchases into classroom before school starts.
Try not to pass out tomorrow due to lack of sleep, energy and overall health.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home